Educational, Free, Fun Field Trips
For the most current listing of recurring and one-time field trips, please click the link above. You can also see the Field Trips page of our latest Towhee newsletter.
Tahoma Audubon offers a variety of field trips each month, including bird, plant, and nature walks. Trips are open to people of all ages, including families. Most field trips are free. Please share gas costs when carpooling, which is always encouraged!
Coming soon — Birdathon trips between April 22 – May 29, 2017
Recurring Field Trips
- Guided Bird Walk at Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge: Every Wednesday morning.
- Guided Beginning Bird Walk at Adriana Hess Audubon Center: Second Monday of each month, beginning at 10am every month. Canceled in poor weather (heavy rain). Great for beginners; you can even borrow our binoculars!
- Second Sundays at Morse Wildlife Preserve in Graham, WA. April through October, one Sunday a month from 10am-4pm. (arrive by 3pm)
- Guided Bird Walk at Theler Wetlands in Belfair from 8am-12pm, typically on the 2nd & 4th Thursday starting in April.
- Fort Steilacoom Park bird walk - 8am on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- Birding at Eagle's Pride Golf Course on JBLM: on the 3rd Thursday of each month. (no pass required!)
Visit our field trips calendar for the most complete and up-to-date details about the trips above.