Educational, Free, Fun Field Trips
For the most current listing of recurring and one-time field trips, please click the link above. You can also see the Field Trips page of our latest Towhee newsletter.
Tahoma Audubon offers a variety of field trips each month, including bird, plant, and nature walks. Trips are open to people of all ages, including families. Most field trips are free. Please share gas costs when carpooling, which is always encouraged!
Special Upcoming Field Trips
- Kittitas County Day Trip with Roger Orness & Charlie Wright: Dec. 4, 2016. Trip details on our online calendar.
- New Year's Day Cruise with Diane Yorgason-Quinn & Faye McAdams-Hands: Jan. 1, 2017. Trip details on our online calendar.
- Pierce County 1/2 Day Trip with Ed Pullen: Jan. 7, 2016. Trip details on our online calendar.
- Kitsap County Day Trip with Ken Brown: Either Jan. 28 or 29, 2017. Trip details on our online calendar.
- Skagit Flats Day Trip with Marcus Roening & Heather Ballash: Feb. 11, 2017. Trip details on our online calendar.
- Kent Valley Raptor Trip with Roger Orness: Feb. 12, 2017. Trip details on our online calendar.
Recurring field trips for 2016:
- Guided Bird Walk at Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge: Every Wednesday morning.
- Guided Beginners's Bird Walk at Adriana Hess Audubon Center: Second Monday of each month, beginning at 10am every month. Canceled in poor weather (heavy rain). Great for beginners; you can even borrow our binoculars!
- Second Sundays at Morse Wildlife Preserve in Graham, WA. April through October, one Sunday a month from 10am-4pm. (arrive by 3pm)
- Guided Bird Walk at Theler Wetlands in Belfair from 8am-12pm on the 2nd & 4th Thursday starting in April.
- Fort Steilacoom Park bird walk - 8am on the 1st Tuesday of each month.
- Birding at Eagle's Pride Golf Course on JBLM: on the 3rd Thursday of each month. (no pass required!) (check our calendar for field trip details)